Wednesday 1 March 2017

What A Lovely Scent!

Happy Wednesday everyone! 
Half way through the working week now & this week has gone pretty quick I think. I think it's partly because I had a half day yesterday & only worked the morning due to needing the afternoon off for personal reasons. But I think it is going by the week.

Like any girl I absolutely love perfume but it can be hard trying to find something you like the smell of or even hard to just try a perfume out without having to commit to the whole bottle. Because lets face it you don't want to spend lots of money on a bottle of perfume that over time you don't actually like the smell of right? Where is the logic in that?

So when I came across Perfume Society I was so amazed!
The Perfume Society tells you everything you need to know about fragrance, the art of perfume, you name it anything you want to know about perfume you can find out about it through Perfume Society. Because they know how hard it is to just go into a shop & find a perfume you like, not only because there are SO many to choose which can completely confuse you. But not anymore with the amazing idea Perfume Society have with their discovery boxes! I never knew such things existed! 

Discovery boxes are available when you sign up as a VIP with the perfume society. This then means you get discovery boxes at a VIP price! You receive 8 digital editions of their magazine "The scented letter", a perfume discovery fragrance education (discovery box), invitations to events that they hold & workshops which are held nationwide. Not only that but you can also purchase limited edition discovery boxes which contain the brands like Shay & Blue, Prada & many others!

The boxes come with so many different types of scents depending on what kind of style you like.They do even do boxes for men which is perhaps a great way to find a suitable scent for a loved one. 

For me I like the more floral kind of light scents. 
So I chose to try the Heaven Scents discovery box. 





All the fragrances in the Heaven Scent box are handpicked for the certain type of scent that goes with the boxes name. 
The box come with 8 different fragrances to try along with information cards about each one telling you about the perfume e.g the smelling notes, top notes. But not only that it come with a FULL size Judith William's body lotion & Micallef's 20th year anniversary keyring.

The fragrances in the Heaven scent box were:




Shay & Blue - Blueberry Musk
Shay & Blue is a perfume house based in London which make glorious fragrances all from the finest hand picked blooms & exotic ingredients from around the world. This perfume like its name has a scent of a burst of blueberries & orange zest smell. So due to the light fresh fruity smell I found this is quiet a lovely day to day style perfume.





M Micallef - 20 years 
The scent of Micallef is again quite a fruity kind of one which also has a twist of roses with it. The fragrance is quite a subtle one not too heavy & again a fresh smell.

Prada Candy Florale
I have the normal Prada Candy myself & I am a huge lover of this perfume. I use it for more of my everyday go to perfume. But find it can also be used for a night out or any occasion. I just love it. So when I saw that the Florale version was in the discovery box I was excited to try it. I found this version of Prada candy is definitely not as sweet like the name it is more floral smelling & does remind me of a bouquet of flowers scent. But I have to say out of the rest of the fragrances in the box it is my favourite! It is such a light floral spring like smell. 

Miller Harris - Noix De Tubereuse
Miller Harris created Tubereuse to add to their collection of fragrances which are inspired by nature. To me this fragrance was quite strong & a bit harsh for myself personally to wear. It was quite a woody harsh kind of scent & I much prefer the softer scents. So for me this wouldn't be something I'd buy for myself.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Aqua Celestia
This is the the third perfume from Francis. I have to say I quite like the smell of this one. It's a light fresh blossom kind of scent. Its definitely an everyday kind of perfume. 


Map Of The Heart - Red Heart v.3
This brand was founded by Sarah Blair & Jeffrey Darling. 
This fragrance is another floral based one. It is a sweet aromatic scent of Pineapple Guava which is an exotic Brazilian fruit, along with apple, spices & with a hint of vanilla.

Jimmy Choo - L'eau
I think this one has to be my second favourite. The perfume definitely matches its chic glamourous character. It is a light fragrance of Hibiscus flower blended with bark & fruits. It is such a gorgeous smell & the actual bottle of full size version is enough to make you want it just for the bottle!

Weleda - Jardin De Vie Rose 
This perfume is most definitely from the floral fragrance. It has such a strong scent of rose to it I think. Which I have to say is a pretty pleasant smell. Its a delicate kind of fragrance & perfect for more of a day time wear perfume I think as opposed to night time wear. I think it would be such a lovely home scent too for like a diffuser or candle to burn in the home. 






The box also comes with a book of perfume blotters for you to use when perfume shopping & to try these ones out with. You can write the names of the fragrances you try on them so you don't forget what one you have. You simply spray the perfume at the pointed end, wait a few minutes for the alcohol & top notes to subside then smell. The heart notes & base notes are the scents you are left with & what you enjoy wearing. So if you like the smell at this stage then try it on your skin. That way you can get a better idea of it on you.

I found the box such a great way to try out new perfumes & found out what I like & don't like in perfumes. So you can find new perfumes for you to buy without having to buy the full bottles & also I have several small handbag sized perfumes to carry around in my handbag at all times. I really did not know something so practical & easy existed as a way to try perfumes.

So if like me you a huge perfume lover then definitely check them out. You can find more out about The Perfume Society, become a VIP subscriber, purchase a discovery box & many other things at:

http://perfumesociety.org/

Take care,
Love Lottie xox









No comments:

Post a Comment